System Wars Lounge v36 | The Appreciation of Nikola Tesla Edition!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#301 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

[QUOTE="AcidThunder"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"]

Has anyone here played league of legends?

I am thinking about trying it,but I must know if it is pay2win.

call_of_duty_10

No. You are fine with just in-game money cause there are free characters every week to play with.

k. How is the community?Is it full of dbags who play 24/7?

There's always gonna be douches in Moba games, however LoL has a pretty good report function that has tamed (somewhat) the community. The learning curve is pretty easy and not full of unnecessary objectives or functions that plagues other Moba games like DotA 2.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#302 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts
[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"]

call_of_duty_10
It isn't pay2win but it's imbalanced and a terrible game.

Is it bad even when you consider that its free? I can either download a f2p game,or spend a few bucks on gog.Was thinking about saving same cash by playing a free game.

Well uh there's this thing called dota 2.... :cool: Go ahead and try out LoL, it's good for people to get familiar with the genre, but just sayin DOTA is so much better :cool:
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#303 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

call_of_duty_10

I play it alot, it's not pay2win.

The only thing you have to pay real money for is skins for champions. Everything else can be bought with in-game currency. And yeah, every week they offer new free champions so you can try them and see who you want to spend your points on.

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#304 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts
[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"][QUOTE="parkurtommo"] It isn't pay2win but it's imbalanced and a terrible game.

Is it bad even when you consider that its free? I can either download a f2p game,or spend a few bucks on gog.Was thinking about saving same cash by playing a free game.

Well uh there's this thing called dota 2.... :cool: Go ahead and try out LoL, it's good for people to get familiar with the genre, but just sayin DOTA is so much better :cool:

Well,I have never played a moba game...let alone dota. I think I will try LoL.If I enjoy it,I will buy DoTA2.
AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 AcidThunder
Member since 2010 • 2332 Posts
[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"][QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"] Is it bad even when you consider that its free? I can either download a f2p game,or spend a few bucks on gog.Was thinking about saving same cash by playing a free game.

Well,I have never played a moba game...let alone dota. I think I will try LoL.If I enjoy it,I will buy DoTA2.

Dota 2's gonna be released as F2P.
Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts
[QUOTE="AcidThunder"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"][QUOTE="parkurtommo"] Well uh there's this thing called dota 2.... :cool: Go ahead and try out LoL, it's good for people to get familiar with the genre, but just sayin DOTA is so much better :cool:

Dota 2's gonna be released as F2P.

Hopefully it isn't p2w either. Tribes Ascend has affected my views about f2p gaming....Great game,but ruined by its p2w model.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#307 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
These Steam sales tempt me, but I just dropped $55 on 3DS stuff yesterday and I don't even play console games anymore outside of SSB Melee
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#308 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
Babana splits are right flipping tasty, mun.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52451 Posts
Babana splits are right flipping tasty, mun. khoofia_pika
Have you played the PSP God of War games?
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 khoofia_pika
[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]Babana splits are right flipping tasty, mun. freedomfreak

Yep. Played all GoW games, including, unfortunately, Ascension.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]Babana splits are right flipping tasty, mun. khoofia_pika

Ha! I hear that. Thank God, I played the PSP versions after Ascension. Made me not wanna snap the franchise in half anymore.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

These Steam sales tempt me, but I just dropped $55 on 3DS stuff yesterday and I don't even play console games anymore outside of SSB MeleeBlabadon
HANDHELD MASTER RACE FTW!

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 Blabadon
Ready at Dawn <3
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Blabadon

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]These Steam sales tempt me, but I just dropped $55 on 3DS stuff yesterday and I don't even play console games anymore outside of SSB MeleeJonwh18

Sooooooooo much WipeOut and now I officially have my own copy of Fire Emblem Awakening. What was my plan I told lundy? Beat some Assassin's Creed games, some Mass Effects, perhaps replay Gears and beat MGS4? Not happening soon.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 khoofia_pika
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Have you played the PSP God of War games?

Ha! I hear that. Thank God, I played the PSP versions after Ascension. Made me not wanna snap the franchise in half anymore.

Chains and GoS are fantastic. GoW1 aged poorly but still pretty fun to play, and 2 and 3 are works of wonder. IMO, of course, but I'm biased, so you should get a second opinion :P
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"] Yep. Played all GoW games, including, unfortunately, Ascension.

Chains and GoS are fantastic. GoW1 aged poorly but still pretty fun to play, and 2 and 3 are works of wonder. IMO, of course, but I'm biased, so you should get a second opinion :P

Why would I get a 2nd opinion, foo! I already played them :P
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 khoofia_pika
Ready at Dawn <3Blabadon
So much this ^_^
Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts
Ready at Dawn <3Blabadon
Their pedigree is the sole reason I'm excited for The Order: 1886.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 khoofia_pika
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Ha! I hear that. Thank God, I played the PSP versions after Ascension. Made me not wanna snap the franchise in half anymore.

Damn freedom, I keep confusing you with Michael :x That damn sig (I like it :oops: )
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]Damn freedom, I keep confusing you with Michael :x That damn sig (I like it :oops: )

Haha! You are a dirty, little sausage, khoof.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 khoofia_pika
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Ha! I hear that. Thank God, I played the PSP versions after Ascension. Made me not wanna snap the franchise in half anymore.

Oh, and I might have asked this before, but I've forgotten, so I'll ask again- how'd you like 2 and 3?
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]These Steam sales tempt me, but I just dropped $55 on 3DS stuff yesterday and I don't even play console games anymore outside of SSB MeleeBlabadon

Sooooooooo much WipeOut and now I officially have my own copy of Fire Emblem Awakening. What was my plan I told lundy? Beat some Assassin's Creed games, some Mass Effects, perhaps replay Gears and beat MGS4? Not happening soon.

Insert obligatory comment about lundy's drink habits. 

With everything that has been going on I'm very thankful that I natrually lean towards handheld gaming. It makes moving around a lot more barable.

I'm gonnna start 999 soon. You better not have lied about how good it is :evil: 

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"] Oh, and I might have asked this before, but I've forgotten, so I'll ask again- how'd you like 2 and 3?

2 is my favorite. 3 was a disappointment, but I still kinda liked it.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 khoofia_pika
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]Damn freedom, I keep confusing you with Michael :x That damn sig (I like it :oops: )

Haha! You are a dirty, little sausage, khoof.

I won't deny that :oops:
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 khoofia_pika
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"] Oh, and I might have asked this before, but I've forgotten, so I'll ask again- how'd you like 2 and 3?

I almost feel guilty for liking 3 sometimes, because it's an incredibly flawed game that undoes so much that 2 did. But I don't know, every time I sit down to play it, I just enjoy it so much.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 Blabadon

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] HANDHELD MASTER RACE FTW!

Jonwh18

With everything that has been going on I'm very thankful that I natrually lean towards handheld gaming. It makes moving around a lot more barable.

The game loved around SW? Nah. Unless you completely lose grasp of the story and pull a Shao Khan on us, you'll love it. Just PM me or any other ZE fan if you have any questions or reflections on the game. It's actually surprising the amount of random users that PM me about what they thought about the game Obligatory "OMG SW ACTUALLY HAS GOOD TASTE" link http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29384951/system-wars-has-voted-on-what-the-best-ds-game-of-all-time-is-results-posted
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"] Oh, and I might have asked this before, but I've forgotten, so I'll ask again- how'd you like 2 and 3?

I almost feel guilty for liking 3 sometimes, because it's an incredibly flawed game that undoes so much that 2 did. But I don't know, every time I sit down to play it, I just enjoy it so much.

Meh, ain't nothing wrong with that.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Buy Don't Starve.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 Blabadon
Also, I liked Chains more than Ghost. Chains has the only opening boss battle in the series that I enjoyed. The other ones all bored me quite a bit.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Also, I liked Chains more than Ghost. Chains has the only opening boss battle in the series that I enjoyed. The other ones all bored me quite a bit.

Mhm. Chains>Ghosts.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#331 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"] Chains and GoS are fantastic. GoW1 aged poorly but still pretty fun to play, and 2 and 3 are works of wonder. IMO, of course, but I'm biased, so you should get a second opinion :P

Damn freedom, I keep confusing you with Michael :x That damn sig (I like it :oops: )

My sig skills...damn.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 khoofia_pika
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Also, I liked Chains more than Ghost. Chains has the only opening boss battle in the series that I enjoyed. The other ones all bored me quite a bit.

I liked Ghost more because it was closer to being a console GoW experience, which is basically what I look for in all GoW games.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 khoofia_pika
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Why would I get a 2nd opinion, foo! I already played them :P

My sig skills...damn.

My sig > your sig :cool:
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#334 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] You are a dirty, little sausage, khoof.

:lol:
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"] Damn freedom, I keep confusing you with Michael :x That damn sig (I like it :oops: )

My sig skills...damn.

My sig > your sig :cool:

Cool opinion.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 khoofia_pika
Damn, I'm loving Ni no Kuni so much right now. 6.5 hours in, absolutely amazing game. Minus the at times tedious combat, of course.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 freedomfreak
Damn, I'm loving Ni no Kuni so much right now. 6.5 hours in, absolutely amazing game. Minus the at times tedious combat, of course. khoofia_pika
I'll continue that after Sly 2 and RaC3.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"] Sooooooooo much WipeOut and now I officially have my own copy of Fire Emblem Awakening. What was my plan I told lundy? Beat some Assassin's Creed games, some Mass Effects, perhaps replay Gears and beat MGS4? Not happening soon.Blabadon

The game loved around SW? Nah. Unless you completely lose grasp of the story and pull a Shao Khan on us, you'll love it. Just PM me or any other ZE fan if you have any questions or reflections on the game. It's actually surprising the amount of random users that PM me about what they thought about the game Obligatory "OMG SW ACTUALLY HAS GOOD TASTE" link http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29384951/system-wars-has-voted-on-what-the-best-ds-game-of-all-time-is-results-posted

The fact that SW likes it means nothing to me. :P 

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#339 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
GOD OF WAR 3 SUCKED. AND GHOST OF SPARTA. AND ASCENSION. Sorry, but it's true. God of War 2 was great though. And God of War. And Chains of Olympus.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 ArisShadows
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]GOD OF WAR 3 SUCKED. AND GHOST OF SPARTA. AND ASCENSION. Sorry, but it's true. God of War 2 was great though. And God of War. And Chains of Olympus.

They all sucked.. :/
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 Blabadon

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] 

Jonwh18

The fact that SW likes it means nothing to me. :P 

It's renowned man, it's renowned. That's my point.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 Jonwh18

Gonns be honest I thought the 2 PSP GoW games were incredibly similar. Saying one sucks and the other was good just makes you look silly. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]GOD OF WAR 3 SUCKED. AND GHOST OF SPARTA. AND ASCENSION. Sorry, but it's true. God of War 2 was great though. And God of War. And Chains of Olympus.

False

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Gonns be honest I thought the 2 PSP GoW games were incredibly similar. Saying one sucks and the other was good just makes you look silly. 

Jonwh18
Chains of Olympus had the 'wow' factor going for it, Ghost of Sparta did now. Law of diminishing returns, same reason why some console entries are good, others are not, in spite of them all literally being the same game, mechanically speaking.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 Blabadon
WHY THE HELL ARE THERE MYRMIDONS IN FE:A'S PROLOGUE?
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 ArisShadows
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]GOD OF WAR 3 SUCKED. AND GHOST OF SPARTA. AND ASCENSION. Sorry, but it's true. God of War 2 was great though. And God of War. And Chains of Olympus.

False

<3
Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts
WHY THE HELL ARE THERE MYRMIDONS IN FE:A'S PROLOGUE?Blabadon
I still need to finish that. D:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
I'm having problems deciding if I detest cows more or GTA fanboys.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 Michael0134567
I'm having problems deciding if I detest cows more or GTA fanboys.charizard1605
Tough choice, they're both annoying.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#350 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

torchlight is a pretty addicting game. not bad that I got for free(from gog) too. I should get diablo 3 aswell when I get the cash.

TheShadowLord07

I've been playimng a lot of Path of Exile lately. That is some good dungeon crawling. I love it's intricate skill tree, all classes being interconnected to the same tree and having so many paths to the same skills makes it very flexible and unique.

Just finished Orphan Black season 1. You people seriously need to watch this show.funsohng

I watched it too. Fantastic show. And what an outstanding feat the actress pulls off playing so many versions of her character, even varying the accents.

Great sig on that too.